Or does God just deliver the grace that we need on the day it's required?
Somehow he gently delivers patience and goodness ready-to-use if we would just open the parcel. Let down again, we face the choice to hurt back, or to plead with our maker for more of his enabling forgiveness. The narrow way is to turn from revenge, to decide not to injure when we feel broken and raw.
"Father, I did not know it would be like this." He hears our anguish, he weeps our tears, his heart knows the piercing wounds in your spirit. He is beside us when we have been abandoned. He dresses and tends the burns, the grazes, the deep gashing wounds with the salve of his presence, his empowering and his complete enoughness.
Truly, he has given us everything we need for the life reflecting him.
Today I am thankful for,
606. friends sustained by Jesus
607. heartfelt, fervent prayers
608. autumn in the Blue Mountains
609. peaceful sleep
610. generous laughter
611. browsing, unhurried
612. friends with gifts, using them
613. refining through suffering
614. impossible refreshing from God
615. coming home - walking in the door to hugs all round
616. an unexpectedly good day at work
617. walking at dusk
618. the house in quietness