- I think we all hunger for significance and meaning in our lives.
- Even the most adventurous of us need a little safety and security to be happy.
- We all need to matter to someone and be connected to others - whether our family is a blood one or a friendship based one it is such a deep anchor for our identity.
- People get fired up when they see injustice - seeing justice done and people respected, is important to us.
- Laughter brings a bond and understanding between people and being able to laugh at oneself is both freeing and healing.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles. (Romans 3:10-23)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
- admiration for the thoughts that other people so eloquently express,
- other people's ideas seeming a infinitely more original than my own (let's face it I've never thought them before),
- a fear of being trivial,
- a fear of being self-obsessed,
- the knowledge that no-one actually reads what I have written.