Monday, January 25, 2010

2 Reflections, Vaguely Connected


Numero Uno
Going back to work, I have been thinking about how I can invite Jesus to influence the decisions I make, the conversations I have and the people I see and work with when I am there.

Allowing God to be in every corner of my life and my faith to be evident to all is something I struggle to picture clearly and to put into action. I wonder whether I say enough to make clear the connection between God in my life and how I live, as others see me.

I want to live in a way that brings glory to Jesus and shows that God can touch our lives. However, I sometimes think that my life is more likely to raise the comment, 'She's a nice person.' It doesn't actually lead anyone to meet God in a world where there are any number of 'nice people'. And to some degree I am lying because I am not really that 'nice' when all of my life is under the spotlight.

I really want to know how I can be salt, or light, rather than just more sugar.

The second reflection
Apparently my generation (X) have a history of responding to sense of purpose in life, while the next generation (Y) connect more with the idea of authenticity, rather than purpose. I know that I have often reflected on the way knowing Christ has helped me to understand my life's purpose and that has given me a real peace and contentment in existence.

I would like to become more authentic - and by that I mean I would like there to be less difference between what I say/do and what I am - to express love because it is what I actually feel, not what I think I should feel. I want to spend less time thinking, 'What will *** think if I say _____ ?' and more time training my heart and mind to respond with love and light to any situation.

I have read 2 things recently and am trying to remember them, daily, while I puzzle out how to live them better.

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Philippians 3:8a.

Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Colossians 3:16a

What do you think?

No comments: