Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year 2010


2009 has gone, almost before I've had a chance to flip my hand goodbye. I really loved this post by Jean at in all honesty as I have had some similar reflections as I've travelled through December 2009.

It is so easy to look back and regret the things I wish I had done, the achievements I'd like to have to my name, the embarrassing and hurtful mistakes I wish I hadn't made, and the things I've just completely overlooked. It's easy to hear the old refrain, 'I'm no good', or 'I'm not good enough'.

But the reason I need to look back is to see, God, who is all good. I have so much to thank and praise him for. 2009 has been a year when my relationship with him has been refreshed in unexpected ways. It has seen the arrival of our youngest child, who has brought great joy to all of us.

Church has had difficulties this year, but in the middle of that God has done some cool things, and taught us again and again that he is faithful, that his love and grace are powerful. He has rescued me from all sorts of impending disasters in dealing with the people around me.

Not everything is perfect, but God is with me.





No comments: