Thursday, September 2, 2010

Weakness that allows room for God


Sometimes what I set out to do, just doesn't go to plan.

When life is good, and I am cruising, the deviation from plan slides into place and I barely need to change gear. I absorb the impact.

When I am stretched already, I lose the room to accomodate and flex. There's not much 'wiggle room'.

I am discovering that it is in the second state that grace becomes more intense. Realising that I am not good enough, that I can't handle all that I am asked to, is deeply uncomfortable. It often makes me cry (in the most inconvenient places). But the uncomfortable realisation also brings the deep rest of knowing that God wants to do his work in me, through me. My inability allows God the room he is patiently waiting for.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

L.L. Barkat said...

A good verse for me today. Thanks! :)

And I really like that ceramic.